Monday, March 16, 2009

How is it possible to be this unmotivated?

I mean, for real. I am going to get my work done. On time. It will be good. I will probably do well. But I don't care. And I have no idea why. Is this the second semester blahs? The newness and excitement of the first semester has worn off and now it's just work? Even though I'm enjoying what I'm learning, I'm not as gung-ho about getting it done. I'm still working hard and diligently and all that, but that crazy motivating energy I had last semester is no more. True, there are a lot more external things going on this semester. I have less free time, less play time. I'm volunteering, working, running (training with partners for a 1/2), etc, etc. which cuts into my frisbee/football time. And I've had other extracurricular stuff that's seriously distracted me from caring about class and classwork. Part of me says, oh well! I'll muddle through this semester. But the other part of me wants to enjoy every moment fully, feel everything fully - like I did last semester. I don't want to miss out on anything because I was distracted or unmotivated. I don't like to live in a fog! (oh my word, I keep hitting the Windows Help key...mraa!) So anyhow, we'll see how things progress. For now, I'm going to print off a paper that I've edited only once, and then plan my schedules for summer, fall, and spring (even though I don't know what exactly I need to be taking...). And then probably work on some projects and papers I have due in the coming-too-soon future...but my heart won't be in it. I won't be motivated. Oh well :)

1 comment: