Saturday, November 26, 2011

Stuffing for the win

 
Yay! Home again, home again, jiggity jog.

I understand that Thanksgiving is basically an excuse for carnivores to get together and celebrate meat. Even the vegetables are made with meat - green beans with bacon, asparagus wrapped in bacon - which, when you write it down, seems like bacon is challenging turkey as the main holiday meat source...Anyhow, as a vegetarian, sometimes the only thing I can eat is stuffing - that, and rolls and mashed potatoes (so basically carbs. I'm not really complaining). This year I spent TG with Jill and Drew, and thankfully when we listed our favorite part of the Thanksgiving meal, stuffing was at the top of each of our lists. And it was awesome. This was the first Thanksgiving I did any of the prepping, cooking, or baking - and by that I mean I have never done any of it except maybe make my own vegetarian stuffing. This year it was a group effort with Jill and I having a two-day prepping, cooking, and baking affair and Drew tackling the turkey. Fun and fun. And yummy.

The menu

Yeah, we made bread. From scratch.

Homemade rolls.

Making the pumpkin chiffon pie

Turkey!
(I actually ate a bite. It was good. But I'm still a vegetarian)

Carving it up

The pies! Lemon icebox and pumpkin chiffon.

The food, all made by hand :) 

The table's set and ready for eating!

So good

I have been very thankful this Thanksgiving, thankful for this Thanksgiving. It has been one very sweet time.

No comments:

Post a Comment