Saturday, October 5, 2013

October.

I love autumn. I don't know anyone who doesn't. I suppose there could be someone, but they would be really, really dumb. I love how the air smells. I love how the sun goes down a little earlier and the shadows get longer. I remember growing up in Florida, and even though the temperature was still 95 degrees, the humidity dropped a little and the air was fresher and cleaner. Halloween was coming soon, my birthday, then Thanksgiving, and finally Christmas. I remember when my mom would open up the house (I associate it with October, but that was Florida so it was probably January :) and the air would smell so good and the breeze was cooler.

I had a dream last night that I moved in with roommates (my college roommates, actually) and I hated it and I couldn't remember why I moved out of my apartment. I love living by myself. I love it. I love decorating for the seasons, sitting on the couch in October and smelling the air and watching college football.

Damn right those are real pumpkins.

And then I saw this on my friend's Facebook page. I'm not a big fan of poetry - especially if it doesn't rhyme - but I thought this was beautiful. May there be no cage for your soul.

May there be no cage for your soul. 
May you have a friend
by whom you know this. 
In the space between you, may there be
medicine, hospitality, sanctuary.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment