Sunday, January 15, 2012

Newsie Yearsie

Snugging with Josie and Max
This year, I spent New Years in Florida with my parents, sister, and niece. Mi madre went to bed first, around 9:30pm, and Sarah made it until a little after 10. My dad stayed up the longest with me - finally calling it a night about 11:30pm - so it was Josie, Max, and I who kept cozy on the couch and watched Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin in Times Square.

And I'm not a big resolution setter, though that seems to be a big part of things. It's way too much pressure and causes me undue anxiety to reflect on the past year and come up with some big, life-changing ideas. But I do think goals are a good idea, and there are some things I probably could do. Like stretching. I think stretching will be a goal. My hip flexors are tighter than a electromagnet's copper coil (interesting fact: did you know the Florida State University, my dear alma mater, has the world's largest electromagnet in it's Mag Lab? My sister also did several elementary school science projects involving electromagnets). So, stretching. And reading some Buechner every day. I like Buechner. There. Two things to try and do this new year. Booyah.

No comments:

Post a Comment