Friday, June 26, 2009

Where in the world...

am I?!

I fell asleep on the couch last night while watching Gilmore Girls, only to wake up about an hour later with NO CLUE where I was! I literally walked around the apartment trying to figure it out. I wound up in my room, and stared at the unpacking mess on the floor for a few minutes before I figured it out.

I woke up about 230 this morning and again couldn't figure out where I was! I put my feet down and thought, what is that? I haven't stood on carpet in a month! I got up to use the bathroom, and it wasn't until I was headed back to my bed that I remembered where I was. Oh word.

It is really strange being back here! Things smell differently and having A/C is weird. I don't have a phone and haven't talked to anyone stateside yet, so it's like I'm in some strange limbo between Africa and Atlanta. I'm going to get a phone today so hopefully it will help my brain connect to the real world! (keep praying that my phone shows up somewhere!)

Oh, and I forgot to mention in my post yesterday - when I was at the airport, I got my bags off and the drug dog started sniffing them! The guy was really nice, and I just opened up everything and of course there was nothing. Oh law. And then we went through the second security point and the guy there looked back and forth between my customs card and me like 3 or 4 times. I was thinking, oh my goodness, really? I have it stamped from the first guy! And then the second guy smiles, winks, and says, Just kidding. Have a nice day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment