Saturday, September 22, 2012

420 Pause for the Cause

So VW turned out to be a stage 5 clinger (I don't think you understand the urgency of the situation!) with no emotional boundaries; ergo, no second date. I actually canceled the second date on the day we were supposed to go out. Sorry, bud, but I'm not your self esteem coach or your therapist, and we're not in a relationship so perhaps consider keeping certain things to yourself. Like how much you hated your last job, how you think you're a loser with no talent, and how you don't think you've made your father proud. I really feel for you buddy, but that's not lighting any fires.

So I'm drawing on the board again. 39 (alternative nickname: Oldie) and I have tentative plans for a date once he gets back from out of town, and I still check the site every couple days sending smiles and answering people's questions. I'm preparing myself for the fact that the only thing I might have after my membership ends is a strong arsenal of first date anecdotes and stories that start with "holy shit, so this one guy I got matched with..." Classic. And 39 might should be off the list because he's like 11 years older than I am. But let's be honest: He's handsome. And shorter than he is tall, which I think is kinda cute. And he's probably a little more emotionally mature than a 23 year old. My concerns with Oldie are mainly that he could be too mature (read: boring. Dull. Age Spots. Creaky. Old) and wants to get married yesterday. I'm still a young spring chicken! I still have a pep in my step (as long as it's before 10pm)!! Though my doctor reminded me I'm nearing 30 so I should be getting baseline things done like blood tests and shit, which is ridiculous because I still feel 26. Besides, I thought 27 was the new 17! Shouldn't I be going to prom, not getting my cholesterol checked?
One of only a few
pics I have where
she's fully clothed.

Anyhow, blah blah blah. Let's talk about something else because online dating gets boring and tiring to do and to talk about. So in other news, my niece is awesome. She can count to three; say words like cheese, shoes, cookie, and Nnenna (that's me!!); say sentences like "what's that?" and "I did it!" while clapping for herself; and is basically a little 18 month old nudist. That girl never has clothes on.

I bought a real big girl grown up bed and I'm excited about it! I love my bed - my mattress, I guess - but I still have the metal frame it came with four years ago. Time to upgrade. Thank you, Rooms To Go sale. And I'm getting closer (like 2 months!) from having my own apartment, so it's time to get things I want and love. And don't have to worry about roommates ruining. Like a crockpot and a KitchenAid mixer and real dishes. And a big comfy wingback to read in. And sharp knives and a little eating table with matching chairs. Fuck a registry; I have my own list.

I also still love my job, though I've been there long enough to have had days where I really hate old deaf people and their families. Like days when they yell and curse at you over the phone, speak condescendingly because you aren't ancient like they are, and in general act like little sniveling brats because you won't give them something for free that would actually cost them thousands of dollars. But for the most part I like what I do and I love love the people I work with. Even my boss who is pregnant, which explains why she was a little...moody for a month or so. Poor thing was just hormonal.


No comments:

Post a Comment