Saturday, May 18, 2013

Nonprofit Women Do It On A Budget

Tee hee hee. I just made myself laugh.

Anyhow, at the risk of giving away the best kept secret in Chamblee, there is an awesome thrift store just down the road from my office. It should be called an upscale consignment store because most of the things I buy still have tags on them or were worn maybe once, and upscale because the clothes there are from Banana Republic, White House/Black Market, Ann Taylor, Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Theory, and dozens of other brands I've never heard of and can't pronounce.

Last week, everything was 50% off. Everything. Everything.

I am not a fashion blogger - just like I'm not a food blogger - but I do wear clothes. And I like doing that way more than I like making food. So here is some of what I've gotten from this gem of a store:

Cute skirts like these...
And more fun skirts like these 

Blazers for work AND play.
These awesome blue cropped pants.
I have no idea what the fabric is, but
I love it.
Awesome dresses like these.
Don't judge the un-ironed green one.
Comfy tops and sweaters. The 2nd one in is by
Marc Jacobs. Who in real life really owns Marc Jacobs???
Probably that sweet love on the left :)

This is how I stay in clothes. Macklemore had it right - $50 for a t-shirt? Maybe if it made me dinner and washed itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment