Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Surprisingly unhelpful.

Thing 1: I hope [the guy you're dating] sticks around because you would make a good mom.
Thing 2: You should have kids now because it'll be harder in your thirties.

Surprisingly, those comments were not helpful.

I got both those tidbits this past week. Talk about not awesome. I mean, thanks for thinking I'll be a good mom. That's nice. But I could also be a good mom with someone else or without a spouse or without the guy I'm dating. How about, I hope the guy you're dating sticks around because you seem to like him and I want you to be happy and loved. And it might be biologically more difficult to have children when you're older but modern medicine seems to have made some significant strides in that area. How about, I hope you fall in love and have beautiful healthy babies if that's what you want - some day, at the right time for you.

Or, you know, just keep rushing me with your opinions and agendas. Either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment