Thursday, July 4, 2013

I am serious, but don't call me Shirley

God, seriously - if one more person comments on my age and lack of a ring on my finger and babies on my hip, I might actually...well, I'm not sure. But it won't be pretty and I might cut someone with my laser-sharp wit. My dental hygienist said something about it yesterday ("someone bettah put a rang on it/bout time you had a baby of yo own"), and Bigfoot made me cry after jiujitsu on Tuesday about being alone forever (we were joking about WWII, though, so it's easy to see how the joke-not joke line got blurred).

But that's just funny stuff. Here's the fun stuff:

1. I'm trying to save Shirley. Shirley is the strange plant I inherited when I started at the Lighthouse almost 2 years ago. She looks like a Dr. Seuss plant and she is dying but I have decided I am not going to let that happen. She is currently living on my porch in full sunlight/little moisture. Just as her little tag says.

I think her leaves (tentacles?) are getting longer!
2. Added to my Life Motto list, from Pinterest:

The look on her face is priceless.

3. The 4th of July and the Peachtree Road Race. The 5th (4th? 3rd?) time I've run the race and the 1st time I actually knew where I was the whole time. It was wet (but not rainy) and the finish area was a mud pit and it was so much fun. I had a PR average pace of 9:34 per mile so the whole thing went more quickly than in the past. Or maybe it's not a PR, but it's definitely the first time I've tracked my splits, so I'm choosing to say PR. Also, my old lady knees feel like they've been hit by a hammer, but I'm sure that will go away shortly. Or not - let's be honest, my knees hurt most of the time :)

The weather
The start
The weird 4th of July fairies 
The race compilation, plus some
Nora snuggles




No comments:

Post a Comment