Sunday, October 7, 2012

Yellow Straws

I wish the pack of straws was all yellow. Yellow isn't my favorite color overall, but it is definitely my favorite colored straw. It's calming, not overstimulating; peaceful and joyful...the perfect color for a striped bendy straw. The other ones are party straws and I just want a nice end-of-the-day straw.

I also want to post this video. After haranguing sideline reporting, this is me being part of the solution. If sideline reporting goes in this direction, I think it will be more enjoyable for the rest of us.

New bed frame. Now I don't hit
my head on the wall
nearly as much.
But I actually want to write about my bed. I love it. All of it. So very much. It's my spot. Like Huck and Emmers have their bed, Bella has the bay window, and Colby lays on top of you wherever you are - I have my bed. That is, I have a queen bed frame and a full mattress. It's basically the best of both worlds right now. I'm not ready to get rid of my mattress and sheets and down (alternative) comforter. I have an emotional attachment to them that I'm not ready to let go of yet. I've only had them for 4 years but we've been through a lot together: laughter, tears, short nights, long naps...essentially, seminary. But I also want a queen mattress in the future so I bought the queen bed frame in preparation. I know I will bond with the new mattress and its new sheets - probably pretty quickly if anyone knows how much I love to snuggle in bed. It's just the getting to that point that's the problem. I've had a lot of life happen in the past 4 years and this bed has been my safe haven. Plus, I roll around like a 2 year old - I hit at least 3 of the 4 corners of the bed most nights - and my mattress is the perfect size for that. For a visual, here's an almost 2 year old who does the same thing...

Bug sleeps like me,
though she's much cuter. And I
don't wear a diaper.
Starting to roll around.
This is me about halfway through the night.
And usually how I wake up. 
So I don't see any reason to rush a new mattress (especially since they're ridic expensive). But I am preparing myself for the future...albeit in baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment