Monday, August 12, 2013

Kitchen Reno, Part 2: Stain is a Pain.

In.the.ass.

In the future, go with paint. Or have someone help you stain. Or just have someone else do it. At least the cabinet doors. Those super suck.

Stage 2 in pictures and captions:
Prep work like a boss!
Yea, that's painters tape and that's plastic sheeting.
Prep. Work.
Staining and staining and staining :)
Half the cabinets done!
Part 2 is a lot like Part 1, except it's going faster since I've gotten the hang of staining things. Paint on, wipe off, wipe off some more, then keep wiping it off. And then lay it out to dry. It will still be kind of sticky, but since I've discovered hairspray I'm feeling confident. This stage is also way easier because my sweet pup is at someone else's. I'm dogsitting Bella so Nora gets to hang out with her while my apartment improving project is taking over.

I sanded the cabinets (the attached-to-the-wall-part) with the power sander, but ran out of steam so I left that for later. And did other things like hanging out with this little mister:

I'm 1 and I'm amazing! 
Yay cereal!
Nora was super happy to help with clean-up.  
She seriously sits like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment