Thursday, August 8, 2013

Sharing is Caring

When I got Nora, I was expecting to share everything with her: my apartment, my bed, my time...but I had to stop myself when it came to food. I wanted to give her pieces of whatever I was eating except, well, it would probably kill her. I've been giving her bits of stuff, but I was just eating this (see right) and didn't want to finish it. Nora was looking hungry, so I googled some shit and found these foods are good to give:

Peanut butter. 
Yogurt. This provides a great source of protein for dogs (especially Greek yogurt).
Lean proteins (like chicken, turkey and beef).
Salmon. 
Pumpkin and sweet potatoes. a great source of beta carotene and vitamin A and help keep your pup's digestive system on track.
Rice and pasta. Plain or whole wheat pastas are a good source of energy for your dog
Apples
Peas and green beans

Unfortunately, I hate green beans so Nora will not be getting any of those. Definite no-no foods are these: 

Chocolate and cocoa.
Grapes. 
Avocados. (apparently causes diarrhea and vomiting).
Onions and garlic.
Alcohol. (because not giving your dog alcohol isn't obvious)
Milk and dairy products. Just one slice of cheese won't kill your pet, but excessive dairy will likely negatively disrupt their digestive system. (oops...Nora gets cheese...)
Coffee. Just a sip of coffee or caffeine can lead to restlessness, heart palpitations and bleeding, while a large dosage can be fatal. (because giving coffee to your dog seems like a good idea?)
Gum. (all warning labels came from some dumbass who did something dumb...ass)

So. Luckily most of what I eat can be shared. Just apparently not any of my beverages. Or my Trident whitening gum.

No comments:

Post a Comment